Director, Marketing job with American Gaming AssociationDecember 2, 2019
The American Gaming Association (AGA) seeks a Director, Marketing to manage the organization’s marketing, brand, and digital presence. As a member of the strategic communications team, the director puts their creative stamp on every aspect of the AGA’s marketing and event materials.
Reporting to the senior director of strategic communications, and in partnership with the AGA events team, this leader works to present a unified AGA brand and promote the dynamic industry to members, the gaming industry at-large, and other key stakeholders.
The director, marketing is focused on two key areas of responsibility: the marketing of the AGA as a whole and of the Global Gaming Expo (G2E), the world’s premier gathering of the global gaming industry. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and strategic marketer with experience working in associations or marketing agencies. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong self-management skills who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
AGA Marketing – Provide strategic guidance for and lead implementation of the AGA’s marketing efforts and manage the AGA brand, including:
- Develop, implement, and measure marketing strategies to increase AGA brand awareness and solidify the AGA’s position as the voice of the unified gaming industry.
- Manage the association’s email marketing and website to ensure consistency of brand and voice.
- Oversee design and production of AGA materials, including research reports, white papers, policy statements, and membership collateral.
- Manage, in conjunction with AGA’s events team, the presentation the AGA brand at owned and sponsored events, including program, collateral, and presentation development and execution.
- Manage external freelance and/or agency resources, as needed.
Global Gaming Expo – Lead strategy, process, and implementation of G2E marketing including:
Develop, implement, measure, and report on marketing strategy in conjunction with senior director of events, Reed Exhibitions (AGA’s trade show partner), and other stakeholders.
- Lead all G2E marketing efforts to ensure maximum AGA membership, attendee, exhibitor, sponsor, and key stakeholder engagement and awareness to increase attendance, revenue, and thought leadership opportunities at G2E.
- Define and direct design of digital, print, social, and experiential marketing products, to support G2E and AGA brand positioning.
- Create and oversee internal processes for streamlined collaboration across AGA and G2E teams.
- Manage G2E Trade Show and Conference aesthetic as it relates to brand and collateral.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years’ experience leading marketing and design efforts.
- Preferred background with an association or marketing agency.
- Experience with trade shows a plus.
- Experience managing and evolving master brand with sub-brands and customer…