Fake Chinese Police Threaten ‘Extradition,’ Demand Money: BlotterOctober 9, 2019
NORTHBROOK, IL — The following information comes from the Northbrook Police Department as a record of incidents reported to the police and those arrested on criminal charges, which represent accusations by the state and are often dropped or reduced. Updated information may be available from the Cook County Clerk of the Circuit Court. Everyone arrested is presumed to be innocent unless found guilty in court beyond a reasonable doubt.
- A resident in the 2000 block of Woodlawn Road reported around 8 a.m. Sept. 29 that several signs were missing from the area.
- A shopper at the Northbrook Court Neiman Marcus store reported around 4:30 p.m. Sept. 22 that someone had stolen their wallet. The shopper learned of the left after receiving fraud alerts from their credit card company.
- Someone stole a purse from a cart at an unspecified location in the 1100 block of Church Street at some point prior to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 30. The purse was later found missing $20.
- A resident in the 1500 block of Hemlock Knoll Terrace reported around 8:30 pm. Sept. 22 that someone rummaged through their unlocked car and stole several personal items.
- A resident in the 2500 block of Gayle Street reported around 1:45 p.m. Sept. 30 that someone got into their garage and stole a purse from an unlocked car parked inside. The purse was later found missing $15.
- Someone rummaged through a car parked in the 3400 block of Lake Knoll Drive at some point prior to 6:46 p.m. Sept. 30. Nothing was reported stolen and police did not specify if the car was locked.
- A resident in the 2300 block of Auburn Lane reported shortly before 7 p.m. that someone had rummaged through their car. Nothing was reported stolen and police did not specify if the car was locked.
An armed robbery was reported on Sept. 23 in the 1300 block of Shermer Road. Read more…
A resident in the 1000 block of Pfingsten Road reported around 5 p.m. Sept. 23 that someone was captured on video “throwing mud on a door.”
- Staff at the Dick’s Sporting Goods, 275 Skokie Blvd., reported around 8:30 p.m. Sept. 23 that two women or girls stole what were believed to be several Nike jackets.
- Staff at the Northbrook Court Neiman Marcus reported around 4:40 p.m. Oct. 1 that a man or boy stole four boxes of headphones.
A resident in the 800 block of Timber’s Edge Lane reported that someone broke a window on their vehicle between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 24 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 25.
- A Peachtree Lane resident reported around 12:30 a.m. Sept. 25 that someone claiming to be calling from the Social Security Administration left them a voicemail. The resident returned the call and was told to buy gift cards to make a payment. The resident purchased an unspecified amount of gift cards and provided them to the scam caller.
- An Apple Tree Lane resident reported on Sept. 23 that a caller purporting to represent a Chinese police department claiming that the resident’s information had been…